Thursday, December 9, 2010

Returning to Maya

Update (12/12):
I took this one into ZBrush and worked on it a bit:

It's been a while since my last update, and in that time I've been primarily working in Houdini on nerdy and minimally artistic things. That's fun and all, but I had the sudden urge to open Maya and crank out some new models.

The first item on the agenda was to create a generic male mesh; this is a very handy thing to have, either as a base for modeling other characters, or for rigging tests. In keeping with my bad habit of modeling disembodied heads, here's the part that's finished:

Now, I had planned to make a generic female model as well, but I was anxious to see what could be done with the above mesh. Unexpectedly, the generic male turned into a woman in less than an hour:

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers!

1 comment: